Make your Garage a true extension of your home!
American Made and Globally Preferred. Swisstrax modular flooring systems stand out against the competition and have become a global brand for unique flooring solutions. With their international partners, Swisstrax provides customized flooring tiles for globally recognized brands such as BARRETT-JACKSON, FORD, NASCAR and TINT WORLD to name just a few.
- Man Cave
- Aircraft Hanger
- Trade Show
- Detail Shop
1. SWISSTRAX HAS LOWER LIFETIME COST
On average, a two-car garage at 400 to 500 sq/ft, costs $1,200 to $6,000 to epoxy, versus a Swisstrax Professionally Installed by our company is $3,200 to $4,000.00
National averages to epoxy are garage floor sit at $3,600.
You’ll also need to factor in preparation and long-term cost of maintenance when damaged by tools, vehicles, chemicals or natural movement of foundation. Here are some additional costs associated with initial set up and long-term costs of epoxy flooring.
Swisstrax can have a similar initial investment, but it requires virtually no long-term maintenance.
Approximate cost to have swisstrax installed in your home garage
- One-Car Garage that is approximately 200 sq/ft with a two-color checkered design and edges can average between $1,600 to $2,000.
- Two-Car Garage that is approximately 400 to 500 sq/ft with a two-color checkered design and edges can average between $3,200 to $4,000.
2. SWISSTRAX INSTALLS IN HOURS, NOT DAYS
Applying an epoxy coating to a garage floor starts with an extensive cleaning and etching process to ensure the coating bonds properly. This process typically starts with sweeping, blowing off all dust and debris, but also includes washing, sanding off existing paint, and spot treating any oil stains.
Depending on the type of epoxy you will be using (water-based, solvent, solid), you’ll want to apply anywhere from 2 to 4 coats. After applying the initial epoxy coat, you’ll need to wait an average of 6-24 hours until the first layer cures and is ready for a second coat. After you’ve applied the desired layers and allowed each layer to cure, you’ll need to wait an average of 2 to 7 days before allowing any type of traffic on the newly coated floor. Also keep in mind these additional factors:
- Moving all items within the garage to new location and back once completed days or weeks later.
- Preparation of the subsurface.
- Time of actually applying the coats of epoxy.
Swisstrax floors take an average of 3-8 hours to install, depending on size of garage. While you have to factor in the time to remove all items on the garage floor, other than sweeping out the excess debris on the floor, you can install Swisstrax flooring as soon as the floor has been cleared of all items.
3. SWISSTRAX OFFERS SIMPLE & SAFE INSTALLATION
Swisstrax is the safe and simple alternative to Epoxy. When surfacing with epoxy or Paint, you often have to use harsh chemicals to prepare the surface, along with the toxic fumes that come from having to apply the epoxy coats. While epoxy can be a DIY project as well, Swisstrax modular flooring system is much easier and less time-consuming process compared to epoxy.
Don't have time to install your Swisstrax?
No problem our team can design, order and then Install your Swisstrax in just 1 day!
4. SWISSTRAX OFFERS MORE DESIGN & PERSONAL CUSTOMIZATION OF YOUR SPACE.
The two main features of epoxy flooring you can customize is color and whether you want a granite looking finish (adding flakes to the epoxy).
With Swisstrax you can control and customize the following:
- Type of tile (Ribtrax Pro, Ribtrax Smooth Pro, Vinyltrax Pro, Diamondtrax Home).
- Color Options – Up to 18 different color options.
- Design of floor – checkered, outlines, highlights and more.
- Use more than one tile type to customize your design.
- Swisstrax also offers Logotrax and Graphictrax to allow for custom logos to be inlaid into flooring.
5. INFERIOR PROTECTION FEATURES WITH EPOXY
Epoxy and Paint flooring is susceptible to damage from everyday wear and tear like cracks, chipping and installation inconsistencies, and can endure imperfections from many situations post-application.
Swisstrax modular flooring tiles help protect your garage floor from damage because they sit on top of your concrete floor, can withstand up to 3,120 psi in compressive strength, are heat and cold resistant from -22F to 248F, and are chemically resistant to liquids like oil, gas, acid or solvents including Skydrol and Alkalis.
Only Swisstrax can offer a Lifetime Limited Warranty on their Products. No Paint or Epoxy can offer you the same protection of your investment.
6. TAKE SWISSTRAX WITH YOU IF YOU MOVE
One of the biggest benefits of the investment you’ll make with Swisstrax is that you can take your Swisstrax system with you if you move to a new home or move your business. This flooring offers a free floating interlocking product that can easily be removed without breaking the locking system.
With epoxy, you’ll not only invest your hard earned money but also alot of time ensuring the proper methoads are met when your installer is their at your home preping and installing your floor covering. So what happens when you decide to move a year later?
As the world’s finest modular flooring tile, Swisstrax products can be portable and move with you.
7. ONGOING MAINTENANCE INVESTMENT OF EPOXY & PAINTED FLOOR COVERINGS
Every few years, epoxy floors require resealing along with touch-up of any damaged areas on the floor. In order to maintain epoxy flooring from everyday wear and tear, homeowners need to remember to:
- Wipe all stains immediately or scrub with non-caustic cleaners.
- Regularly mop the epoxy flooring.
- Keep the garage door closed to avoid UV rays hitting flooring, which causes discoloration of the floor.
Swisstrax has little to no maintenance requirements. The tiles are impervious to staining, fading or harsh chemical or fluids.
8. BETTER WARRANTY OFFER WITH SWISSTRAX
Average epoxy flooring kits provide a 2-3 year warranty. Swisstrax offers a 7-year all the way to a limited lifetime warranty that is not prorated, with no restocking fees and no hassles. To give additional peace of mind, Swisstrax also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for any garage flooring tiles that are in re-usable condition.
- Ribtrax Pro: Lifetime Limited Warranty: Residential Setting
- Ribtrax Smooth Pro: Lifetime Limited Warranty: Residential Setting
- Vinyltrax Pro: 15-years Warranty
- Diamondtrax Home: 20-years Warranty
- Diamondtrax Flex: 7-years Warranty
9. SLIP RESISTANT WITH SWISSTRAX TILES
Swisstrax tiles are built with a self-draining design that provides a clean, dry surface. Gone are the days of struggling to keep your balance on your wet epoxy flooring. Unfortunately Some of our Clients have had loved one fall & cause Injury to themselves, If that has happened to you or someone you know, try testing our floors under the same conditions! Once you do you'll be ready for the switch over to Swisstrax.
Swisstrax is the only Modular Tile to offer such a unique drainage systems, Swisstrax tiles were created to be slip-resistant when wet. With epoxy, you’ll need to be careful with all liquids spilled on the floor while working because the top surface can be hazardous to working conditions in your space.
We are so confidient in our slip resistant tiles, that many detail shops have Swisstrax installed to keep their workers safe and have a aesthetically pleasing floor at the same time!
10. UV STABILIZER IN SWISSTRAX FLOORING
If you plan to work with your garage door open, be careful to not let the sun hit your stained floor. Stained concrete flooring is susceptible to discoloration from UV rays and will overtime cause a yellow discoloration. Swisstrax tiles have a UV stabilizer, making them highly fade resistant.
Mix and Match colors and Styles for a personalized Design to match your personality.
Aircraft Hanger Inspiration
Home Gym Inspiration
Detail and Dealership Inspiration
Get in touch Today for our free estimate!
Text or Call Now!
Text or Call Now!